Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Oscars 2014, 86th Academy Awards

Guess Ellen DeGeneres is happy and confident right now, a little nervous perhaps, seven years after her first time hosting the awards. Certainly no doubt she still need long hours to prepare herself to bring this up better than James Franco and Anne Hathaway's disastrous run co-hosting the 2011 Academy Awards. On Sunday, March 2, Ellen DeGeneres will take the stage and tell us who are those deserved the golden statuettues at Dolby Threatre in Los Angeles. Just one day left and everybody seems can't wait for it.

All eyes on Best Actor in a Leading Role: Will Leonardo Dicaprio win it? Well, I really hope he will win. Enough seen of his superb acting in Blood Diamond, Inception, The Great Gatsby etc.



 




The Wolf of Wall Street is banned in Malaysia due to its profanity, nudity, drugs, 500++ instances of F-words, public masturbation and sex. Oh, but Malaysia somehow has something to feel proud of: Riza Shahriz Abdul Aziz is one of the movie funders and producers. Being the son of Rosmah Mansor who is spouse of Malaysian Prime Minister,  Riza's role as CEO and co-founder of Red Granite Pictures has linked him to the purchase of a RM110 million apartment in New York, sparkling allegations that he may have use his mother's influences or the rakyat's money to fund the movie and buy the apartment. Oppositions in Malaysia has urged the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) to investigate Riza and we shall wait to see what will happen. Controversial enough.

On Best Actress in a Leading Role, the first choice of mine would be Sandra Bullock, the woman who made $70 million from Gravity. I have not watch this movie, I chose her over others through word-of-mouth and reviews I have read in the internet. Many people fancy her winning it too!


On Best Animated Feature, definitely I am hoping Despicable Me 2 will win over Disney's Frozen. I watched both, both are great movies absolutely but I find myself liking the minions more than the snowman. Obviously I am a little selfish here, thank god I will never be one of the judges. 

However, on Best Original Song, Happy (Despicable Me 2) and Let it Go (Frozen) will really be a tight 50-50. I predict the winner will only come out of these two.



As you can see, I am just casting ballot on some of my favourite categories only. Hahaha :)

On Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing and Best Visual Effects, I am opting for the candidates in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. If you have watched it, you will know why. Simply amusing, I have made the movie poster below home and lock screen photo for my tablet!!



By the way, am I the only one who think Orlando Bloom played for 2 roles in the movie? They both looked so alike, Luke Evans and Orlando Bloom. Why isn't The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug even nominated for the Best Costume Design or Best Makeup and Hairstyling?

But it is not all bad news. Another well deserved movie, The Great Gatsby could win it for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, Best Costume Design and Best Production Design. I know you think so too. Talking about this movie, I just can't stop playing the sound track of "Young and Beautiful" in my mind. 


If you want to do your own Oscar predictions, feel free to visit the web address below:

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/oscars-ballot2014/index.html?picks=1d2d3c4c5e6c7d8b9b10d11b12b13a14c15c16c17e20d21a22b24a

So looking forward to Oscar 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment